Bahawalpur Institute of Nuclear Medicine & Oncology (BINO) is located at Noor Mahal road, adjacent to Bahawal Victoria Hospital Bahawalpur. It is the 12th Nuclear Medical Centre of Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission with an aim to provide diagnostic and treatment facilities to the patients. It became operational in August 1998. Since its inception, it has come up remarkably well to cater to the needs not only of Bahawalpur Division but also of the peripheral areas of Southern Punjab and adjoining areas of Sindh and Balochistan.
The aim & Objectives of this Institute are as:
- To provide the treatment facilities to cancer patients with Radiation therapy, Chemotherapy, Hormonal therapy, Immunotherapy.
- To provide diagnostic & therapeutic facilities using Nuclear Medicine and RIA Technologies.
To provide diagnostic facilities to non-malignant disorders, using radiology pathology and ultrasound technologies.
- To provide breast cancer screening facilities.
- To provide teaching and training facilities to the under graduate and post graduate medical and para medical student.
- To facilitate research projects in the fields of Nuclear Medicine and Radiation Therapy.MINAR functions through following organizational structure:
Outdoor Patient Department
The following sections are working in Outdoor Patient department.
- Nuclear Medicine Department
- Clinical Oncology Department.
- Radiation Therapy Department.
- R. I. A. Laboratory.
- Pathology Department.
- Breast Care Clinic
How to Get Best Services from BINO
- Patients should first call or visit BINO to make appointments for their investigation/treatment.
- Patients should report early in the day when they come for their tests, preferably before 8:30 in the morning because many tests take a long time to complete, sometimes even up to 4-5 hours.
- As a policy patient is expected to pay government charges for their tests, the amount needed should be ascertained and the patient should have it with him/her when reporting for the test.
- Patients are generally referred by their physicians for tests at BINO but some times they can come directly too and they will be assessed here and if tests are needed, these will be done.
- Patients are advised to contact RECEPTION for all necessary guidance and help.