INSTITUTE OF CHEMICAL SCIENCES
The Department of Chemistry, University of Peshawar was established in September 1955. Besides catering the academic and research needs of local and national population, the department also receives international students from the Middle East, Africa, Iran and Afghanistan. Initially, the department started with three teachers and eleven students. With the passage of time, the department grew in all dimensions and doctoral program was started in 1970 followed by M.Phil program in 1977.
The department is one of the largest postgraduate departments of the University having highly qualified faculty, supported by 25 Para teaching staff. The department provides an ideal environment for students in almost all areas of contemporary chemistry. Specializations in physical, organic, inorganic, bio, analytical, fuel and applied chemistry are offered at M.Sc level. The department conducts morning and evening shifts at M.Sc & B.Sc (Hons) level with a total strength of 292 students. Postgraduate program at M.Phil and Ph.D. include both extensive course work and completion of a research project.